A Lady Escapes: Ode to Franconia Notch

Thursday, August 29, 2013


My love for nature continues to lead me elsewhere during my weekends. Two weeks ago it led me to the White Mountains, chasing waterfalls and marveling at peaks. I left the city early, reaching the mountains well before 9. I chose the forests of Franconia Notch for my summer's day, focusing on three paths in particular: the Pemi Trail to the Basin; the Basin Cascade Trail to Lonesome Lake and the Lake Trail back to Lafayette Campground, where I had parked the car. I was far from alone during the hikes-families filled the paths with their enthusiasm and laughter. Still, I had a couple moments of solitary tranquility, finding my bliss so far away from Boston in the beautiful land of New Hampshire. The future foliage lets summer enjoy her last evenings-before long, I will be back. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Lady in Boston All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger