Nearby: Tendercrop Farms

Sunday, May 18, 2014



Like many wonderful things on the North Shore, Tendercrop Farms was a complete surprise. A missed turn in Newbury led me straight down High Road to the bustling Tendercrop,  a place as busy as it could be on a late Sunday morning and a cloudless sky.  Children laughed as they said their hellos to the farm animals; gardeners sighed when they saw the beautiful collection of plants and flowers on sale; and I smiled widely as soon as I beheld the great bounty of food waiting for me inside (naturally, the dried flowers hanging from the rafters were a perfect added touch). Tendercrop Farms sells much of its own produce and meat and I was sure to take home a healthy helping of each. The taste of the sausage alone would be enough to bring me back. I often struggle with the ethics of being a carnivore, but this sausage may have been the best I've ever had. What a difference! In addition to sausage, they offer their own chicken, turkey, and steak, along with the normal assortment of produce offerings: strawberries, blueberries, apples, tomatoes, asparagus, onions, garlic, herbs, carrots-and the list trails on. It's a special spot, and one that I wish were so much closer to Boston. It's about an hour's drive, but one that's well worth the journey. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Lady in Boston All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger