Adieu to Acadia

Monday, November 26, 2012


These days, I'm bidding my final adieu to Acadia and all the beauty it contains. For months I have been lucky enough to call Mt. Desert Island my home, and thus have been free to explore as much of Acadia National Park as I liked. These days, fewer tourists roam the carriage roads or drive the Park Loop Road now that all of the leaves have left the trees. Now, it is only the locals along with the animals who continue to absorb the splendor of Acadia. Soon enough, snow will cover the trails that have felt so many footsteps this year and in a sense, the land will take a break from its constant showcasing. 

I have been re-visiting all of my favorite spots including 
the Ocean Drive section of the Park Loop Road (first two photographs), Jesup Path and Sieur de Monts area 
(picture of moi), as well as the Witch Hole Pond area 
(final two shots). A visit to Bar Island is essential before I leave for good.

Tomorrow, I will be traveling down to Boston to apartment hunt. I've a few appointments set up and here's to hoping one of them works out. I'll only be there for a day or so-very quick-but it would be a wonderful thing to find a new home. Then I'll truly be able to call myself a lady in Boston

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Lady in Boston All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger