An empty apartment, an empty island

Friday, November 30, 2012


Boston came and went. A perfect apartment was found and lost in only a few hours. It was very cold and even colder here in Maine, and I am in need of a good wool coat. Today is my last day on the island. In a few hours, I will leave with my remaining belongings and take up base at my mother's for a day or so, until I can venture down the coast once more and continue the apartment search. Here's hoping the first few days of December will prove more auspicious than the last hours of November. Still, there were a few tiny discoveries that I was happy to make:
-Mr. Crepe, a small restaurant/cafe right in Davis Square
-Whats-NĂ¼, a boutique also in Davis Square
-Green T Coffee Shop, an adorable cafe in Mission Hill where I bought a butterfinger cocoa. That's right, butterfinger cocoa! Yes, it was good! 

Yesterday, as the sun began to set (about 3:45pm), I walked to the sand bar that leads to Bar Island, only accessible during low tide. This past spring and summer, Bar Island was a favorite destination of mine, though it was typically swamped by tourists and their cars. Last night it was only me wandering along the sand, shivering and snapping photos. Afterwards, I came home and continued to pack the little (and big!) things I love, such as the mementos in the third photograph. And now, my apartment is nearly empty and I will miss it sorely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Lady in Boston All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger