Ice Skating at Kendall Square

Saturday, January 19, 2013


In honor of the first Pittsburgh Penguins game of the season (as a Pittsburgh native, I am naturally an ardent, obsessive fan), I am including a couple photographs of a trip we took to the community Ice Skating Rink at Kendall Square a few weeks ago.  The ice rink is small yet popular and as you can imagine, a favorite spot for the children of Cambridge. It was a fun excursion for a winter's afternoon, but we'll go to a larger rink next time. 

I confess I know very little of Kendall Square except for the cinema and a very nice cafe called Voltage that also serves as an art gallery. I love the names of their exotic flavored lattes,  names like Madame X (earl grey infused white chocolate ganache) or The Thieving Magpie (traditional almond rapture). But beyond that, the community is pretty unknown to me. I'll have to do more research! As for now, time to return to my completely decadent Saturday afternoon of lying in bed and watching Pittsburgh sports games. Ah how my heart flutters. 

1 comments:

A Lady in Boston All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger