To the Aquarium

Sunday, January 13, 2013


Many moons ago, I visited the New England Aquarium and the only thing I can remember is the time I spent goofing off with friends in the gift shop. Normally I'm not too inclined to visit aquariums (mainly because there are so many other places I would prefer to visit), but ever since we moved to Boston I've felt a strange pull towards it, as if I absolutely must go. So when my dear friend Abby came into town to visit, we decided it was the right opportunity. And I found that despite the rather high entrance fee, I truly enjoyed seeing all the exhibits and the many species that dwell within them. Naturally, the sea lions and seals are a fan favorite-their playfulness and energy is infectious to see. But what I really appreciated, in a way that I wasn't able to all those years ago, was how each tank was curated. Each one was designed differently, obviously to reflect the diverse living environments of the sea, but it seemed as if special artistic care was taken in their presentation. From a visual standpoint, the tanks were like mini artworks in themselves. And for someone with a limited interest in marine biology, it made the experience very enjoyable and worthwhile. 

1 comments:

  1. wow great pics elena! keep up the good work. sorry for the flakiness this weekend, hope to see you soon.

    your brother

    ReplyDelete

A Lady in Boston All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger