A Reunion in Two Establishments

Friday, December 28, 2012


Continuing on the theme of dining in Davis Square, I visited two additional restaurants last night with some very old, dear friends. Our first stop was a long-awaited destination for me: Saloon. Opened by the same owners of Foundry (see previous post), Saloon is designed in the style of a New York prohibition-era speakeasy and it truly feels as if you've stepped back in time and left the Elm Street of the 21st-century far behind. My girlfriends and I went for drinks (they specialize in brown liquors) and indulged in a delicious house-made charcuterie plate. It is a place I will venture again and again, I am sure, whenever I want to walk into the world of Fitzgerald and Hemingway, with the sounds of Billie Holiday and Duke Ellington swirling in my head. 

For dinner, we skipped down the street to Posto, an Italian restaurant also located on Elm Street (seen in the last three photos). I found myself loving this space as well: its ultra-high ceilings along with its large windows and most especially, the menu. On their website, they describe themselves perfectly, as a "modern interpretation of a classic Italian pizzeria, enoteca and trattoria all presented in a 'farm chic' open air concept." Everything I tasted was quite good, from the Vermont Burrata antipasta (pickled beets, moscato poached pear, aged balsamic, extra virgin olive oil) to the Lasagnette brought forth in a cast-iron dish (maitake mushrooms, chard, lemon whipped ricotta, pomodoro, parmesan) to my entree of Kabocha Squash Ravioli  (sauteed spinach, chestnuts, lemon-brown butter, asiago, sage). 

There was another wonderful little discovery at Posto and that was the publication of Edible Boston, which I picked up while waiting for our table. Though I have yet to read it in its entirety, I was drawn to the cover of the most recent issue, which seems to encapsulate the winter months so well. Check it out if you have a chance! That's all for now 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Lady in Boston All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger