Brattle Book Shop

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Brattle Book Shop needs no introduction. Founded in 1825, it is one of the country's oldest and most beloved bookstores. It carries over 250,000 books, maps and other antiquarian treasures which are spread across three floors as well as an outdoor sale lot (I cannot get over the romance of it). It's owner, Ken Gloss, often appraises books on Antiques Roadshow. Almost every day on my way to work, I pass by Brattle Book Shop and find myself comforted by its longstanding presence. Bookstores with legacies are truly special places. Here, you never know what you'll discover and bring home. I still have not acclimated myself to the Downtown Crossing area-to me it's a strange, unsettled space that is often overcrowded. Too much stimulation. 
Brattle Book Shop is a much appreciated respite from it all. Be sure to visit! 


2 comments:

A Lady in Boston All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger