Voltage Coffee & Art

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Voltage Coffee & Art in Kendall can be found tucked away on Third Street, a few minutes walk from the Kendall Square T stop. I read of its existence from a number of different sources and made my first visit in December when I went to the nearby cinema. Unlike so many of the cafes I frequent, this one is considerably roomier which is refreshing. There's space to sit and sip a latte, but also space to view the artwork sprawled across the walls. As its name suggests, Voltage is not only a coffee shop but also an art gallery. I so respect establishments that try to be more than just one thing, because then they often become community hubs as well (perhaps I just believe that all cafes should be community hubs). Kendall Square is not my own community, but whenever I am in the area I do like to stop. As I mentioned in a previous posts, I'm in love with the names they have chosen for their "exotic" lattes. 

Here's a list of some of them:
Paper Plane
-Cardamom' rose water & honey
Devil May Care
-Molasses & lemon zest
Beyond the Sea
-Homemade caramel & salt
The Thieving Magpie
-Traditional almond rapture
Atticus Finch
-vanilla with burnt sugar

How perfect, right?? 

2 comments:

A Lady in Boston All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger