The colors of Nemo

Saturday, February 9, 2013

For more than twenty-four hours, Nemo visited the Boston area and left us crippled with just as many inches of snow. I appreciate any good excuse to stay nestled in at home and Nemo certainly provided us with one. However, after a day of hibernation, we slowly crept out of our homes this afternoon to brave the snow covered world. And then we went right back inside again. The storm was in fact beautiful in all its varied colors and expressions-it was eerie and fantastic in its strength. I loved falling asleep to the incessant howling of the wind. 
In truth, it was all somewhat refreshing, because during a blizzard nothing else matters except the reality of the storm. Nature upends our surroundings and while she does that, there is a temporary lull in time. Or at least that's how it feels to me. So during that temporary lull, I drink tea and eat girl scout cookies and watch movies in bed. I do all the things I love to do. So cheers to Nemo. Thanks for the visit. 

***

3 comments:

A Lady in Boston All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger