Nearby: Crane Beach

Monday, April 8, 2013


 Today I drove northeast to Crane Beach, a perfect destination for the nicest day New England has seen since the new year began. Lucky for me, I had the day off and wheels to boot. So off I drove in the mid-morning, with the luxury of the windows down and the ocean on my mind. I had no expectations -I was guided only by a website run by The Trustees of Reservations and an urge to see water (I miss living on an island)-truly anything would have done. But Crane Beach was nothing short of heavenly. The sun and clouds played their equal parts, but I was mesmerized by the sand dunes and comforted by the sea. I virtually had the place to myself-a gift I surely won't expect when I return in the summertime. The estate known as Castle Hill beckoned me on from the distance, but I shall save that for a future trip as well. I could not have been more satisfied. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Lady in Boston All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger